Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Glorious Tale of Steam Machines

In February I will have been playing roller derby for 3 years. That's a pretty long time. And yet, this Saturday is going to be the VERY FIRST time I am ever going to play a game with my own permanent league team! Why is that? It has a lot to do with my moves and my leagues.

When we started ACDG we just didnt have enough girls for league teams, so for a long time we just played black vs white or whatever. And then just when we split into teams and I became a Berzerker I ended up moving to London. I never did get to play a game with my Berzerker crew.

And then in London we had a whole expo season of Pink vs Black. Now FINALLY I have a league team! I am a STEAM ROLLER - and this Saturday sees the debut of the team I am co-captain of!

It's gonna be a tough game. We are up against the mighty Suffra Jets - a team that has half of their roster on the LRG travel team, and who on paper have a pretty powerful set of lineups. They have already played one game this season, and they beat the Ultraviolent Femmes pretty solidly. We figure this is a must win game for our team in order to make sure we get into the finals, so its gonna be a hard one.

Oh, and half our team is injured or ill. :)

But we are going to look damn cool.

Steam Rollers - the steam punkin bad-ass rollergirls of the LRG.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

http://www.londonrollergirls.com/zero/teams/steam-rollers

No comments: